Life's a Beach...Pillow That Is: Repost from OCB

by - July 03, 2011

A few weeks ago my sister Kathy from Creative Home Expressions shared with us that Fabric.com was having this great sale on fabric.  Prices were $5.99 and under!  I picked up a few yards of this Osnaburg fabric.  I didn't love it when it first arrived but I do now!  It has the look of burlap but not the feel, which makes it perfect for pillows!

I whipped up this "beach" pillow using it last night.  We live about 10 minutes from Jones Beach and about 20 minutes from Gilgo and Oak Beach (the beaches where they are unfortunately finding those dead bodies).  Luckily there is a highway or two between where we live and those beaches.

First I stenciled in my letters.  Then I used different blue hue fabric markers and simply stenciled in each letter alternating the blues.  It measures about 16"x16". 

Once the weather is nice here for more than a day or two, I'm going to put it on some old-fashioned, metal slider chairs we got at Lowe's a few years ago.  They are blue too and I think it will make them look more comfy and cozy with the pillow.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!