Thrifty Holiday Shaker Boxes

by - November 10, 2011

I'm still happily transforming some of the goodies I got at my local church's thrift store sale a couple of weeks ago.  The sled was my first transformation, and yesterday I put the finishing touches on these cute shaker boxes:

I spray painted both of them black.  Once they were dry, I added some vintage sheet music to each top.
Then I tied them together with some of the plaid fabric I also got at the fair.  Like the sled, I used the faux Dollar Store berries and pine cone as toppers.

I think these will look lovely stacked up on our faux fireplace this year!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. LOVE your blog and congrats on your items being published!! I am your newest follower..and love your creative ideas...hope you will check out my blog when you have time...thanks!
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Tartan plaid ribbon and the dollar store greens! It really says "Christmas"! That's going to be a nice decoration in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the joy of x-mas decorating. Personally trying to wait until the day after thanksgiving but it's getting to be too hard.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!