Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thrifty Holiday Shaker Boxes

I'm still happily transforming some of the goodies I got at my local church's thrift store sale a couple of weeks ago.  The sled was my first transformation, and yesterday I put the finishing touches on these cute shaker boxes:
I spray painted both of them black.  Once they were dry, I added some vintage sheet music to each top.
Then I tied them together with some of the plaid fabric I also got at the fair.  Like the sled, I used the faux Dollar Store berries and pine cone as toppers.

I think these will look lovely stacked up on our faux fireplace this year!

Jeanine

3 comments:

Midwest Cottage and Finds! said...

LOVE your blog and congrats on your items being published!! I am your newest follower..and love your creative ideas...hope you will check out my blog when you have time...thanks!
chris

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love that Tartan plaid ribbon and the dollar store greens! It really says "Christmas"! That's going to be a nice decoration in your house.

Danielle @Vintagedanielle said...

Ah, the joy of x-mas decorating. Personally trying to wait until the day after thanksgiving but it's getting to be too hard.