Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dollar Store Candle Trio

This trio of Dollar Store prayer candles has been sitting on the shelf in my craft room since December.  I finally got around to giving them a French makeover today:
Two of these great images are from The Graphics Fairy.  The third is one I purchased off of Etsy.
Once I cut out each image, I distressed the edges of each one ever so slightly.  Then I used Mod Podge to glue them on and added a coat over the image to seal it.
After all were good and dry, I started adding some of my rhinestone embellishments.  Then I broke out some tea-stained seam binding and tied on the number plaque, key and lock to each one.
I love the black and white images with just the small pops of color.  But what I love even more is that I already had everything on hand!

Linking to The Shabby Creek Cottage: Transformation Thursday.

Jeanine

11 comments:

sissie said...

Aww, these are so sweet. The graphics choices are endless and I love the ones you've chosen.
I'm sure these will sell right away.

hugs
Sissie

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice design Jeanine.

Artsy VaVa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the nice comments!
Following you now too. I love what you did with the dollar store candles!

Bama Girl said...

Jeanine, those candles are so pretty! And I think that's a great way to use what you already had without having to go out and buy something! Blessings from
Bama!

Dollie @ Dollie Creates said...

Those are super cute! I love your French twists :)

Donna said...

Oooh, la, la! These are my favorite so far! I love your embellisments, the number plaques and keys are the piece de la resistance:)!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

how sweet are these candles! i love what you have done! thanks so much for sharing : ) sending hugs from your newest follower! : )

acorn hollow said...

I bet they will look wonderful when they are lit.
cathy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love that pink seam binding! But I love the chocolate looking one, too!

Poppy said...

Oh my, these look so pretty and I especially love the embellishments you added like the key... nice touch!You have a beautiful blog with wonderful projects..love'em! Thanks for finding me and for your loving words. Happily following you back!Hugs~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Between U & Me said...

I LOVE this! I would love if you would share this at the Crazy Cute link party happening at Between U & Me right now! I've got a totally awesome giveaway this week, too!
OOH! AND, I'm your newest follower! ;)
www.betweenuandme.com