Upcycled Clipboard

by - June 25, 2012

My husband had some old clipboards tucked away in the garage.  I found them over the weekend and decided to give them a French-y touch.  Here is the first one I did:

First, I glued some sheet music to use as my background.  Then I hot glued the vintage lace around as a border.  The little white frame is from Michael's but I scored it at a garage sale for 25 cents.  I used a religious photo from The Feathered Nest in the frame.
Next came the dried flowers - tied with twine and hot glued on.  I also added some French poetry paper beneath the frame.  I typed up some words to Ave Maria using a French script font.  I distressed the paper a bit and a piece of wood, and added both in the corner.
Finishing touches were the rhinestones in the corners of the lace and the brown and cream tea-stained seam binding.
My husband wanted to know if I was adding it to my Etsy shop, but I'm keeping this for myself.  =)  I have it propped up in the tea room for now.  I can't wait to get to work on the other one.

Linking to Between Naps on the Porch: Met Monday and Faded Charm: White Wednesday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Beautiful transformation of the clipboard!! I love all of the elements you added. The tea stained seam binding is a beautiful touch!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great transformation...I can see why you are keeping it for yourself!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so lovely, all vintage and shabby chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely transformation. They are beautiful!!! I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas for my backyard party :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!