Parchment Paper Valentine's Day Sack

by - February 09, 2014

I found a neat pin on Pinterest showing you how to make your own parchment paper sack.  I'm a huge fan of glassine sacks, but wanted to try something different.  

Since I have a large stash of this clear paper (I can't recall if it's tracing paper or parchment paper since I tossed the packaging ages ago), I broke out a few sheets yesterday to make some pretty Valentine's Day sacks.
I folded the paper in half and then glued the sides together with one edge overlapping slightly.  Then I cut off the edges on the bottom, folded it up and glued to the back.  This closes up your sack.
Then I got busy hand-stamping the LOVE on the front and adding some sweet nothings to it.  I also added some faux pearl embellishments and tea-stained seam binding.  It's filled with Scrabble letters and...
Romeo & Juliet book paper, a vintage Valentine's Day card, hand-stamped Je t'aime carnival tags and some LOVE muslin ribbon.

These would work for so many holidays.  I'm actually already envisioning some for Easter.

Jeanine
Pin It

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Your bag is adorable! Such a fun idea, and you are right, it would work for so many holidays. I think they would be perfect also for baby and bridal shower favors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Yours turned out so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!