Frenchy Wood Tray

by - 4:00 AM

I've been wanting to try Omni Gel after seeing a few pins about it on Pinterest and after reading about it in the blogosphere (Susan from Homeroad and Karen from The Graphics Fairy both have nice tutorials on using it).  I found it at Walmart.com and decided to give it a go.

This is actually a re-do of a re-do.  I used this little wood tray on my porch last summer.  It had a lobster design on it but that peeled off. Doh!  It made the perfect candidate for this trial run.  I gave it a few coats of Annie Sloan chalk paint before starting.
I printed out the French image (from The Graphics Fairy) onto regular white paper.  Because I have an inkjet printer, I made a copy of it using my fax machine.  (Yes, fax machine.  Remember those?!).  I did NOT reverse the image.
I gave the image two coats of Omni Gel and let it dry overnight. Once it was dry, I added it to a bowl of water and just started peeling the paper away from the back - kind of like the Modge Podge method.  With the paper removed, I added the image to both sides of my tray and put a coat of the gel over it.

Super easy!  I like this much better than the Modge Podge method, which I just can't seem to master.  Can't wait to use it for other projects!

Jeanine
Pin It

You May Also Like

4 comments