I picked up a couple of these wood coffins from our local Dollar store a few weeks ago. The 9 year old asked me if we could design his together. How could I say no?
We started by giving it a few coats of chalkboard paint - well, technically I did the painting. He was more of the supervisor, lol. I suggested adding the skeleton (also from the Dollar store) and some cotton to prop him up. I got two thumbs up for that.
He wanted to add the skull and crossbones to the front and the RIP. He thought the upside down 'i' looked creepy.
I came up with the Nevermore paper. Had a slight fail when I attempted to burn the edges of the paper (he was no where in the room when I attempted that!). It went up in flames, literally. Plan B: use Distressed Ink to make it look burnt. Much easier and safer.
This is probably my last Halloween project of the season and I was glad my son joined in on the fun.