Santa, Reindeer Silhouette Xmas Ornaments

by - November 18, 2012

My mom gave me a cute holiday book over the weekend: Deck the Halls from Country Living magazine.  It has a ton of adorable holiday ideas and pages that you can rip out, cut and use for decorations.  I spied a Santa and reindeer silhouette, and thought they'd look great in some of the glass ornament bulbs I got over the summer at a garage sale.

First, I scanned the tag images so I wouldn't have to cut the originals.  I printed them out on regular white paper.  Then I used my Cricut to cut them into an oval shape - to make them easier to add to each bulb.
I rolled them into a scroll to get them in, and then used splinter tweezers to un-curl them.  Next, I added some faux snow to the bottom of each bulb.  Tie on some tea-stained seam binding for a cute bow and then some baker's twine in red/white so they can be hung from the tree.
While I was at it, I used some miniature bottle brush trees for some simple ornaments too.  I used Glue Dots to secure them to the bottoms of each bulb, the splinter tweezers to get them in, and then added some faux snow.  I decided to skip the seam binding for these, and just added the baker's twine so we could hang them.

Super duper easy to make each of these! 

Linking to Between Naps on the Porch: Met Monday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!