Home Goods Coat Hanger Makeover

by - August 03, 2013

This is another makeover from my AmVets loot.  It was/is a coat hanger that originally came from Home Goods.

 
First thing I did was give it a few coats of white spray paint (it was originally black) - hooks and all.  Then I sanded it down around the corners to give it a more aged look.
 
Then I popped on over to The Graphics Fairy for the bee with wreath image.  I needed something small to fit in the little wood slots and this fit perfectly.  I used waterslide decal paper to affix it to the slots.
 
I think it looks so much prettier white.  And the blue of the image works with the blues in our livingroom.  I have it hanging on a livingroom wall behind our front door for easy access for the boys baseball hats, sweatshirts, etc.

Linking to The Graphics Fairy: Brag Monday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Very cute!

    You should have come to Haven ~ Karen was there!!! I got a hug and a picture with her. We kept bumping into each other at some classes, too. She is THE nicest person. I told her you would be "dying" when I mentioned she was there! {Just got home like 15 minutes ago!}.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!