~thrifty makeovers~

by - July 08, 2021

I can't believe I haven't shared this thrifty makeover yet!  I'd been trying to find a wood toolbox for months now.  I finally hit the jackpot a couple of weeks ago.  This is the after ^.
Here is the before.  Yes, it came complete with tons of nails.  Yikes!  I gave it a few coats of white chalk paint and then did my usual sanding in random spots.  I finished it up with the wood embellishment - which I painted black.  We're using it on our patio table to hold flowers and holiday decor.
Unfortunately I didn't take a before picture of this picnic basket.  Believe me when I say it was your standard boring picnic basket.  I gave this one a few coats of white spray paint as the chalk paint was just not cooperating.
I kept it simple and just added a vintage hotel room keyring with some tea-stained seam binding.

I have a few more projects in the works.  We're waiting on Tropical Storm Elsa to come and go.  Fingers crossed we don't lose power.  Again.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!