Recycled Food Cans Turned Patriotic Candle Holders

by - May 24, 2012


We have a busy weekend planned, so I wanted to share some quick patriotic candle holders I made using some food cans.
Even though these aren't quite Memorial Day images, I think they still represent our patriotism.  I printed them out from the Graphics Fairy.  I mod podged each image on and then gave each a quick spray of clear paint.
Once the paint was dry, I added some German glass glitter and some random faux pearl embellishments here and there.  I used some tea-stained seam binding for the one in the middle.

I love that these cost me $0 and I can't wait to light them up over the long holiday weekend.  And of course, I want to thank all of our military members for their dedicated service.  God bless America!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. These looks amazing with the glitter added! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful Jeannie! Enjoy your long holiday weekend, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever! These would be so cute to hold silverware for a cookout, too...I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cans! I'll definitely be making these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the best ideas!
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these! I'm frantically trying to pull together some patriotic decor 'on the cheap' myself -- pinning this!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!