Upcycled Wooden Clam Tote

by - May 21, 2012

I have a serious bone to pick with Mother Nature today.  After a gorgeous weekend, we're back to, yup you guessed it, RAIN.  :{  For me that means, painfully dark photos and no painting whatsoever.  Boo!  Thankfully, I did manage to get this quick project done before the skies opened:

I bought this clam tote at the thrift store last week.  I gave it a few coats of white paint.  And I do mean a few...I ran out of spray paint.  Doh!
Once the paint was dry, I printed out my French image onto craft paper.  I've seen some other bloggers who tea-stain for an antique look but me being the impatient type I am, I just glued it on and gave it a coat of clear spray.
I was originally going to stencil the front and back but I couldn't think of anything clever to write so I stenciled some numbers on each side.
I used a plain ol' magic marker.  Whoops, forgot to sand some of the bubbling stuff off on the top.  Whoops!
Still, loving how it came out.  And the lavender smells divine!

Linking to Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday and Faded Charm: White Wednesday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. That turned out pretty! I love the label ~ such a great graphic.

    P.S. I'll email you later ~ the IBS kicked in, so more anxious than excited, I think. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! You had me at Hello with that adorable thumbnail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your clam tote turned out great but can I make a suggestion? When you go back to sand the bubbles, do a light sanding over your stenciled numbers so they look a bit weathered. Just an idea! It's really cute now too.

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. We got an extra day on monday but yes we are back to rain. booo.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!