Accidental Burlap Angel Wings

by - October 12, 2012

I swear, I'm not making Xmas items yet.  I swear!  This project happened quite by mistake.  You see, I was trying to make a bat ornament of sorts and it ended up like this:

Burlap angel wings!  I'm not quite sure what went wrong with my original bat design, but the head just wasn't coming out right.  So I chopped it off and have the first of many Xmas projects.
So you see, I am not purposely crazy early, it was all quite by accident!  I used scrap pieces of burlap and sewed them together with red thread.  I added some tea-stained seam binding so it could be hung.  The joyeux noel muslin finishes it up. 

I can see a bunch of these hung from our Xmas tree this year in all sorts of sizes.  But I'm going to wait a few weeks before starting them.  Don't want to be crazy early.  =)

Jeanine

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I swear girl, I think that burlap has a mind of it's own. Better to get an early start on Christmas than a late one! Very cute little angel wings too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy accident! Now you just have to recreate it. I think these would look cute hanging from a Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must be crazy...I think Christmas all year long!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!