Upcycled Ikea Jar

by - October 20, 2012

I've had this little Ikea jar for ages.  Tried to unload it at our garage sale over the summer, but no takers.  So after walking past it for the 1000th time this week, I decided to give it a quick makeover.  Excuse the dark photos, it's really dreary here today:

I knew I wanted to do something Christmas-y because this is actually going to be filled with goodies for my Mom.  I found this perfect angel image over at The Graphics Fairy.  I printed it out onto label paper, so all I had to do was peel and stick to the top.
And yes, I still have tons of this vintage lace leftover.  This was truly my best garage sale find ever because I think it cost me $1 and I still have yards and yards of it - two, if not three, years later!  I used my hot glue gun to add it around the jar.  I took one of my French script joyeux noel tags and tied it on with twine.  I finished up by adding some German glass glitter to the image. 

I plan on filling it with little notes and photos of the boys.  I'll probably also add some other little goodies like trial size perfumes, soaps, etc. for her.  One gift down!

Linking to The Graphics Fairy: Brag Monday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

1 comments

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!