Bunny Peat Pots

by - February 15, 2013

Saw this on Pinterest and thought it was the sweetest idea ever!  Bunny peat pots for Easter.

First I painted my peat pots white.  One coat usually does the trick because you want a shabby look.  While they were drying I printed off my bunnies onto tissue paper.  One is from Etsy and the other is from The Graphics Fairy.
Next you kind of rip the tissue paper to get as close to the image as possible.  Don't worry, you can barely see the edges when you get to the next step: Mod Podge.
Give the back of each image a light coat of Mod Podge and try to stick it to your pot quickly as it will curl.  Once the image is stuck on (and dry), give it a layer of Mod Podge on top.  In just a few minutes, you have some neat little peat pots to fill with all sorts of goodies.  These are going to be our place settings this year for Easter.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. Your peat pots are jiusgt adorable, Jeanine! They are some of the cutest I have ever seen! Love the adorable bunnies, looks like they've been painted directly on your pots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanine,
    These are so cute. I bet if I tried to make them I would have a wrinkled mess. I could never get the hang of modge podge. LOL!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...I can't get the tissue to work though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too too cute girl!!!

    I've been wanting to do some little post for some time....but it has not happened yet. =/

    be blessed.
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaa, love this, but love what you wrote under the heading, lol! I'm also "one cheap biaaaatch"!! Lol! Love this one! Going cross-eyed from all the peat pot ideas, and being out of ink, I can't print out a bunny onto tissue paper, but I sure can try to STAMP a bunny on tissue paper! Thanks Ms for the ideas! And, after typing alllll this, I sure hope this comment posts, and ur blog is still going, as it's now 2017! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny STAMP! Excellent idea! Thank you so much. I am very frugal too. We are creative sisters. Lets do this! Lavoie Boho NC USA

      Delete
  6. Where were you able to find the peat pots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find them at any garden store or on Amazon. =)

      Jeanine

      Delete
  7. Where do you buy printable tissue paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use any tissue paper! Jeanine

      Delete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!