French Bird Plaque

by - February 02, 2013

I picked up this little wood plaque a few months ago at the local church thrift store.  Last night I gave it a few coats of white paint and decided to make a sweet little French bird plaque with it:

I used some waterslide decal paper again.  I had used it a couple of weeks ago on a terrarium and love the look.  I used this great French bird image which is floating all around Pinterest.
The plaque is small - maybe 5x8, so I printed a 4x6 version of the image to use.  Once I had the image sitting just right, I added some natural raffia ribbon by just tying it on the one side.  Not sure if you can see, but there is also a pink rhinestone just beneath the bird's feet.

Super simple and now I have a sweet little plaque for my guest room.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Jeanine, this is adorable. What a great way to update something like this. The raffia is a sweet touch!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!