Thrift Store Urn Mini Makeover

by - June 21, 2011

I picked up this silver urn at our local church thrift store last week.  (Is it an urn or an ewer - I'm not sure so someone please correct me if I'm calling it by the wrong name.)  Anywho, I love, love, love having bird's nests and eggs through out my house.  Put two and two together and you get this:

I added some faux nest material to the urn and added the three eggs on top. 
Then I tied some tea-stained seam binding around it.  I think it gives it a nice simple touch of color and now I have a new way to display my eggs!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. as always wonderful. I love the silver with the nest.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanine!
    I love your sweet little urn. Anything with bird nests and eggs always look so sweet.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet combination of elements....love the urn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! I love birds nests, too. And I love silver. You put two of my faves together and it's cool!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet bird nest urn. I too am your newest fan and now we can follow our thrifin' adventures! Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!