Let the Decorating Begin!

by - November 25, 2011

Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday.  We enjoyed a nice, quiet, peaceful day at my Mom's.  I needed the relaxation because today I officially started to decorate for Xmas.

These are just little packages to put under our tree (which hasn't gone up yet) while we countdown to the 25th.  With two little boys who still believe in Santa, I can't have the actual gifts under the tree so I decided to do some faux ones so it doesn't look bare under there.  You can probably also see the shabby bucket I did a week or so ago.  It's pleasantly filled with some red plastic ornaments from Ikea.
This is just a little envelope I made from some vintage sheet music.  Got the inspiration from Pinterest.  I sewed up the sides to keep it closed, and then added the button, baker's twine and jingle bell.  The little tag says: "To Wish You Joy at Christmas."
Next I did a large Dollar Store matchbox - also with some vintage sheet music.  I tied this one up with twine for a more rustic look.  The "Compliments of the Season" tag I made using an image from The Graphics Fairy.
Lastly is this little shipping box that I wrapped in simple brown craft paper.  The Santa image is also from The Graphics Fairy.  I used some Ikea candy cane-striped twine for this one and added some faux greenery from the Dollar Store.

I have a bunch more to make and what's so nice is you can use any type of simple box.  Maybe even one that you might have otherwise thrown out!

Linking to The Graphics Fairy: Brag Monday and Funky Junk Interiors:SNS.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. How neat is that envelope! Great idea to put gift cards in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packages all look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that music paper envelope!! I was trying to come up with an envelope for my advent tags... thanks for the inspiration! t.xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wrapping ideas. I love the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a cute idea to pace fake present under the tree! I adore the vintage wrapping paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!

    I'd love it if you could share this over on my Simply Christmas Inspiration Party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/11/inspiration-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just plain(paper) sweet how you used GF images to pretty up your simple and sweet wrappings! Nice job!

    Visiting from GraphicsFairy BRAG MONDAY party this morning,
    ~From Chilly NW Illinois,
    Suzanne at WhyCuzICan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet packages! The envelope is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!