Sweet & Simple Inspiration from Pinterest

by - December 11, 2011

I saw this idea on Pinterest yesterday and thought it was so sweet and simple that I just had to copycat:

A clear mason jar filled with some fresh pine cones and an evergreen branch (courtesy of my neighbor's pine tree!) with a couple of candy canes.
I love the simplicity of it and the fact that I had everything I needed for a quick little holiday touch.
And since simple seems to be my word of the day, here's the cowbell and little frame at got at the estate sales this weekend.  A little gold vignette of sorts.  The bottle brush trees are from Home Goods.  I want to swap out the photo of the girl praying with a black & white one of my mom and dad but there is something about the little girl that speaks to me.
I bought these little acorns from Walmart last year.  Surprisingly, I did not see them this year.  Bummer because I would have loved a few more.  Anywho, I filled my little black tray with vintage sheet music and added the acorns.

Sometimes I like to keep it simple.

Linking to Between Naps on the Porch: Met Monday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. The jar arrangement is so simple and pretty, love the cowbell vignette. I bought those acorns last year too aren't' they great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Little vignettes make such great holiday statements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of your jar and those pretty ornaments. Very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog, your sweet comment, and following. I love your little picture girl praying, too ... and who would have thought to put music scraps in the box as filler - love it!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE simple little touches of Christmas here and there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - love the simle mason jar!! Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple is sometimes BEST! Save the overdone for the stores... Lovely holiday touches. Thanks for sharing :)

    xo Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanine- thanks for your visit and follow. I am now following you too. Love this mason jar project- so simple and so classic! Thanks for sharing all of your great finds! Makes me want to dig through my stuff again and play.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!