A Whale of a Tea Towel

by - May 23, 2012

If you're like me, you stock up on tea towels when you go to the dollar store.  I had a few lying around in my craft room and as luck would have it, I had some iron-on transfer paper too.  Put two and two together and you get some cute new towels:

I bought this image off of Etsy (popalicious, 99 cents!) over the weekend.  I spied it on Pinterest (thanks Gina from Shabby Creek Designs!) and thought it was just the cutest thing ever.
Ask my sister Kathy (Creative Home Expressions) and she will agree that we grew up with a lot of whales in our house.  Our dad loves them!  I used regular dollar store towels and simply ironed on the image using the transfer paper.  Then I sewed on some ruffle trim to dress them up a bit.
I had one random towel left (I usually like to make them in pairs), so I thought this mason jar from The Graphics Fairy would work perfectly!  I like the hint of color it gives to the island in my kitchen.

The sun is back out today so hopefully I can get some painting done!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I just saw that graphic, too! Was it on Pinterest? I can't remember, but it makes for a great image. Yes, I remember one whale in particular he had ~ going back to Brooklyn days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog and I'm so glad I took a quick peek at yours this morning. Those towels are beyond cute. I could see whales being the next big thing!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these towels and the whale graphic you used. A project like this has been on my "to do" list for the longest time. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!