Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My First Mod Podge Transfer

I've been dying to try the Mod Podge transfer method for months now.  I finally took the plunge last night using a pail duo that I got at Goodwill yesterday.
First I painted over the floral pattern with white spray paint.  Once that was dry, I used ASCP in Antoinette for a pretty, pale pink color.
I printed off this great French grain image (be sure to mirror the image first) on plain white paper.  Then I coated both pieces with Mod Podge and stuck them to each side.  I let them dry overnight.
This morning, I used a folded, wet paper towel to remove the paper.  You can probably see a little bit of paper left that I still have to scrape off.  My arm was getting tired - doh!

I'm pretty happy with my first try.  Hopefully, I'll have it nailed down for my next attempt.

Linking to The Graphics Fairy: Brag Monday.

Jeanine