Framed Lego Blueprint for Boy's Room

by - November 12, 2013

I have to thank my sister Kathy for pinning this great technical drawing of a Lego onto Pinterest.  My boys are both Lego fanatics and I knew they would love something like this for their rooms.

The one that was pinned, I believe was from Gilt.com and was $65. Ouch!  My version cost about $4.  I picked up the frame from our local church thrift store for $1.  I spray painted it black and cleaned up the glass.
Over the weekend I picked up the frame mat from Michael's.  It was $2.99 with 25 percent off.  I printed off the image (found on the internet) onto cardstock and it fit beautifully.

This one is in the 8 year old's room.  The 6 year old is anxiously awaiting his.  Hoping to find another cheap frame Friday at the thrift store.  Fingers crossed!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great! I'm glad you got to do this for them. I'll bet they love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks great! If you don't mind sharing, how did you do this?! I've only come across super expensive prints online, and I've been trying to think of ways to DIY a nice print like this without pixelating the image too much. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!