Last Minute Xmas Touches From the Dollar Store

by - December 15, 2011

I can't believe there are 10 more days until Christmas!  I made a couple of last minute holiday pieces yesterday.  Both from the Dollar Store:

These itty bitty candles are maybe 2 inches tall.  I printed out the great vintage image from The Graphics Fairy (wallet-size!) and used Mod Podge to glue them to the glass.  After the second coat dried, I simply added two little red rhinestones which I think work perfectly with the vintage image.
This is my last little Dollar Store birdie.  I think I bought every single one when they first came out two years ago.  I gave her a fresh coat of white paint.
Then I used my Mod Podge again to add some German glass glitter all over.  I love how she sparkles!
I have a couple more holiday items planned and then I guess I'll be moving on to, gulp, Valentine's Day!  =)

Linking to The Graphics Fairy: Brag Monday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. The candles look great! The rhinestone is perfect especially that they are red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that graphic on those cute candles. Amazing how expensive they look now. Great job. Oh and who doesn't love a glittered birdie! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the candles and the bird is very festive and pretty.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanine, I LOVE both these projects. What perfect lil' gifts. Heading to the Dollar Tree now to see what I can find. Thanks for the inspiration. Happy Holidays : )
    ~ Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jeanine!
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, you are too kind!

    I love these sweet votives. What a great idea. I loved those birds too and I wish they would get some more. Love yours all glittered up.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!