French Basket

by - October 11, 2012

This is another garage sale makeover I did earlier this week.  I picked up this wicker basket last Friday.  I really loved all of the compartments in it and I wanted it to match the utensil holder I did over the summer.

I gave it a few coats of robin's egg spray paint.  I knew I wanted to add something to the front of it.  So while, the paint was drying, I printed out this great French label from The Graphics Fairy onto some coffee-dyed scrap fabric.
I was going to try to sew it on but that was an epic fail.  Plan B: spray adhesive.  Aside from temporarily glueing my fingers together, it worked really well!  You can't tell but I frayed some of the edges to give it a more aged look.
Now I have the perfect little set for entertaining!  I plan to use this one to hold napkins and maybe some condiments.


You May Also Like