Before & After: Fleur de Lis Candle Holders

by - July 12, 2013

I'm not sure where I picked up these fleur de lis candle holders.  I believe it was a couple of years ago at Big Lots.  Anywho, the candles got a little icky and wouldn't light anymore.

The glass has a kind of iridescent glow to it.  A little boring if you ask me so I got busy preparing for a quickie makeover.  After removing all of the gross wax, I gave each a couple of coats of flat white spray paint.
And here they are now!  Sooooooo much better and more my style.
I gave one a Paris address tag tied on with twine.  The other has some French book paper.
And a tag and French clothes pin.
I love the milky white color now.  They almost look ceramic.

I think they still make for some nice candle holders, but wouldn't they be cute to hold office pens, plants, etc.?!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. What a great idea! I was thinking the same thing, that they would be perfect to hold pencils and pens. I love fleur de lis anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, good ideas! Really could use for just about anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    You are so creative :)
    Come visit my studio tour and join my Give-A-Way.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius! I love your creativity. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how much better the design stands out now in the white! Looks great and nice update to something you already had.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!