Simple Fleur de Lis Tray

by - November 01, 2013

Hope everyone survived the madness of Halloween.  If I never see another piece of candy again, I would be quite happy!  I'm still getting over a nasty sinus infection so I didn't have much time to craft this week.  I did, however, finish up this wood tray that I started painting last week.

I had picked up the tray at our local church thrift store.  It was an ugly brown so first thing was to give it a few coats of white spray paint.  Then I was stuck.  I wanted to keep it simple and wasn't in the mood to Mod Podge.
With the French stencil I received from Etsy last week, the seller included a little Fleur de Lis stencil.  Voila!  Problem solved.  I broke out a Sharpie, yes a Sharpie, and stenciled it on the middle part of the tray.
I sanded parts of the tray and a bit of the Fleur de Lis to give it a more aged look.  I'm loving it's clean, simple look and am looking forward to using it during the holidays.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Looks great! Nothing wrong with using a Sharpie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes simple is all it takes. It's fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tres chic! Sometimes simpler is better, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always use a sharpie on small things I need to paint - you have more control with that than a paintbrush - cute tray!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!