Metal Stars

by - October 27, 2012

Hurricane Sandy is on it's way to New York.  I figure I better get some posts in before we lose power.  With Hurricane Irene in 2011, we went 6 days without power.  Ack!  Fingers crossed, it won't be as bad as they are predicting.  Yesterday, I ran a bunch of errands to prep for the storm and popped into Ikea.  I picked up this four-pack of little metal stars.

So petite that three easily fit into this vintage Jello mold.  I created the little banners using this font from Dafont.com.  Have you been there?  They have the coolest fonts.  Ever! 
I just saved this carnival-inspired one to my computer and printed out "noel," "peace" and "joy."  I cut the paper into banners, distressed them a bit and used Glue Dots to place them on the front of each star.
A really quick and cheap project.  The set of 4 was $3.99 at Ikea.  The paper, ink and font were free.  And now I have some cute little holiday stars for my Xmas tree or I might just keep them in the Jello mold.

To everyone else in the path of Sandy, please be safe!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Well, yes, of course; major storm coming you must go to Ikea! : ) Praying you don't get much because guess who came to Ohio to surprise me this weekend before my birthday? He's scheduled to fly home Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was right there next to Target. LOL! He won't be able to get home Monday. Fire Island has mandatory evacuation already. It's going to be bad. =(

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanine,

    Such pretty stars! Love the labels being red and white and the rough string in beige! Hope you are safe!

    Have a great week.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!