Petite Nest Crate

by - 7:49 AM

I picked up this little crate from Goodwill yesterday.  I was going back and forth on whether to keep the natural color or paint it.  So I did a little of both. 

I gave it a "white-wash" instead - basically spreading on some paint and then wiping it off to get just a hint of color.  I left some of the natural wood showing too.  I notice a couple of little paint oopsies but those are going to come right off with some sandpaper.
I loooooove this rooster image from The Graphics Fairy so I knew that was the first thing going on both sides of the crate.  I printed it off in the smallest size possible onto decal paper and placed it on both sides.
I used some leftover Scrabble tiles to spell out NEST.  Then I added some faux green moss and two little eggs for a finishing touch.

Super cheap and easy as I had everything I needed!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

8 comments