Frugal Friday

by - April 26, 2013

I'm doing my little Friday happy dance.  The weather is gorgeous, the birds are singing and it's the end of what seemed like a long, long week!  We have a busy weekend planned so wanted to share some random pieces that I've been working on.

This candlestick I found at Goodwill earlier this week.  I gave it a few coats of ASCP in Old White.  It's kind of hard to tell but there is a French graphic on there.
How about now?  It's a great Paris address image from The Graphics Fairy printed onto decal paper.
In addition to the paint and decal, I added a little crown charm with some twine, and one of my French script candles.  And ladies, hang on to your old veggie cans...
With some chalk paint and decal paper you can transform them into these.  I'm using the taller one as a vase and the smaller as a candleholder.
I gave each can a coat of chalk paint and then added my images.
The one on the smaller can is the same one on the candlestick.  And a big thank you to my sister Kathy from Creative Home Expressions.
She found these nautical goodies at her local Goodwill and sent them to me for my porch's beachy theme!  I'll be working on them this weekend!  Isn't she sweet?!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hi Jeanine,
    Love your finds and creativity. I too enjoy working with the can art. Great beachy treasures from Kathy.
    Have a great weekend.
    HUgs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with your decal transformations! They are gorgeous! Is that the same thing as water slides? I need to try my hand at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like them. I had thought if you wanted them to appear larger you could always mount them on wood. Love the cans done up.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!