Broken Dress Form Peat Pot

by - April 30, 2013

I'm a firm believer that if life hands you lemons, you make lemonade.  Case in point, my broken dress form peat pot.

I bought some rub-on transfers from Joann's a couple of weeks ago.  Now, I'm no expert on rub-ons.  I've only used them a handful of times.  After rubbing for what seemed like forever, this transfer just didn't seem to be happening.  So I kept at it.
I must have moved it while rubbing because it didn't exactly come out intact.  As you can see, it looks, well, broken.  Rather than toss the whole thing and move on to plan B, I decided it still had personality and potential.  So I added some French book paper, a little flower bling and some shredded sheet music.  To me, she's perfect now!
And these are a few more I did with a little less drama.  They are in my Etsy shop. 

I wouldn't say I've mastered rub-ons but I have it down to an inexact science.

Linking to Knick of Time Tuesday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Nice! I keep forgetting that I have some peat pots here that need painting up. I hate when I buy things to do and then forget I have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from a Linky Party. I've had problems with rub-on transfers, too. Your peat pots are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!