Frenchy Touch for Ikea Pitcher

by - April 10, 2013

I've had this pitcher from Ikea for a few years now.  Last year, I added a coffee label to it using Mod Podge.  Unfortunately, it started to peel off.  Can't have that, now can we?  So yesterday, I gave it a new Frenchy makeover using waterslide decal paper.

I have to say this is one of my favorite Frenchy images.  It's making the rounds on Pinterest so be sure to download it when you can!
I simply printed the image onto the decal paper.  Then I give it a couple of coats of clear spray paint so the image wouldn't run.  Once that is dry, you add it to a bowl of water and within minutes the decal separates from the paper and it can be placed on your item.
What I love the best about decal paper is that the image looks almost painted on depending upon the surface.  For the pitcher, my husband had to do a double-take because he thought it was indeed painted on (as if I could paint that well!).

I have another pitcher in the works (also from Ikea).  Meanwhile, I'm running low on my decal paper so I'll be ordering more through eBay.

Linking to French Country Cottage: Feathered Nest Friday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. Miss J...I've wanted to try this for sooo long. Can you get the decal paper at Michael's? I hope so.

    Thanks for sharing. LOVE THE PITCHER and the decal.

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your pitcher turned out. I have never used decal paper before. It looks great! Have a wonderful day. ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something happened to my comment ~ let's try this again.

    This looks great! It looks like it came on the pitcher like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pitcher looks fantastic! Water Slide Decal paper is now on my shopping list too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Jeanine! Where can I get decal paper? Is that what it's called when I check ebay? Thanks so much I love that pitcher!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I found your post via the party at FNF. What a great idea! I can't wait to try it.

    Happy Weekend!


    Betty (Maddiebella Home)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little project! I too love that image and thank you for sharing with us about the decal paper! Fabulous!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!