Upcycled Tool Carrier

by - April 06, 2013

Happy Saturday!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start!  The sun is shining, the birds are singing and I was able to get some painting done.

This little tool carrier is from Michael's.  I bought it a couple of years ago.  It originally said blossom.  Sadly, it got a little dingy over the years so I gave it a fresh coat of paint yesterday.
Since I painted over the blossom, I added two chalkpaper tags - one on each side.  I used my Cricut and a roll of chalkpaper.  Quick and easy!
I added a painted book I did (more in the works!) with some vintage French poetry pages, some painted peat pots and an embellished bottle I've posted about before.
The sides were missing a little something, so I added this great grain image from The Graphics Fairy.  It's one of my favorites.  I've used it on tea towels and a few other projects.
I printed the image out onto waterslide decal paper and gave it a few coats of clear spray paint to seal the image.  Within a few minutes, I dunked it in water and peeled off my labels to put on each side.
The best part about this project?  I had everything I needed!  Some of you have inquired about the decal paper.  I bought mine off of eBay for about $9 for 10 sheets.  Believe me, it's worth it!

Linking to: The Graphics Fairy: Brag Monday and Between Naps on the Porch: Met Monday.

Jeanine

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. I have the same little tote. Mine says "Spring". I haven't painted over it yet. Probably will though. I'm going to try the decal paper. Sounds like it's easy! Thanks for sharing. Come over and see the BIG tote I found today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanine, thanks so much for stopping by, what a pleasure to meet you! I'm enjoying your blog and this great post. Love how you've refreshed the tote, I can imagine so many gorgeous vignettes using this. I'd like to have you post to the linky party, we'd love to have you.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many little wooden totes and caddies and tool boxes, etc. Each time I see another shape or style I want it! Love your transformation. Also, thanks for your kind comment on my mantel changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of the decal paper, but it sounds wonderful. I'm all for making transfers easier!
    Your caddy turned out so sweet!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great project Okio B! You freshened it up just in time for spring, and loving the GF image on the end- that one is a fave of mine too:)

    Visiting from Brag Monday @ GraphicsFairy and wishing you a lovely Spring day. :)
    Smiles, Suz@MaytagNMom
    Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanine,
    Love, LOVE, L O V E your tool caddy make~over, dear one!!!
    I have two that "Mr.Ed" make for me ...one is painted a pale shade of grey, the other is stained with golden oak!!! I enjoy seeing how others use them in their home decor with various accessories and vignettes!!!
    Keep watching for someone to begin a linky. . .Tool Caddy Tuesdays / OR / Tool Caddies on the Twos...don't you think it would be GREAT fun???
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!